Whew!! What a weekend. The festivities started off on Friday with my brothers graduation from OC. Let me tell ya, those are a blast, NOT. (Did I really just use the phrase NOT, haven't done that since my middle school days.) Anyway we sat through an inspiring speech from someone high up at WalMart and watched my bro cross the stage with Summa Cum Laude honors and enter the next stage of his life, which is OU Med School. If there is anyway a younger sibling can make you feel more horrible about your life accomplishments let me know. I was a decent student in high school, won 2 state doubles championships, went on to OC where I graduated with a GPA of around 3.3, now with a decent job and pretty good life. His line looks like this, never had a B all the way from pre-k through 12th grade, Salutorian at high school, won 3 doubles championships, graduated from OC with 1 B and a GPA of around 3.99, now on to OU Med School. I am glad I set the bar low for you Ben.
Anyway the weekend closed on Sunday with Haley and I running the OKC Memorial Marathon. We ran the Half and all 13.1 miles. What an experience is all I have to say, running(and walking by the way) is something that makes you feel unbelievable when you get done. Being able to see all the people along the way is just the best way to experience the marathon. It also obviously had a special meaning for both of us running to remember Harp and all she went through. The journey of the marathon took us right past OU Med which is where she stayed for the longest month of our lives, so that brought back some memories as well. I am just truly glad we did it, we talked so much about wanting to do it and to finally have done it is a great feeling. It was also very fulfilling to be able to share that experience with Haley as she is not exactly the biggest fan of running but she battled through it and crossing the finish line with her was perfect. All in all a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey there guys...We are so proud of you! We think of you often! We have a blog too...www.thebukboys.blogspot.com
Post a Comment