Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Birthday fit for a King
Yesterday was my 29th birthday and to be honest, I have not had a day like it in a while. My wife( or should I say wives, more on that in a second) made me feel truly special all day long. We went to lunch at Panera and while eating Haley and Amanda began asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I told them I really just wanted to eat and watch the Spurs-Hornets game. Why Haley AND Amanda you ask. Well we are staying at Luke and Amanda's right now because our Hot Water Heater leaked all over our kitchen floor so we are having to get it replaced and cleaned up. For the past 2 days it feels like I have 2 wives. Well my wives then asked me what I wanted to eat for dinner. I rambled off steak, mashed potatoes, beverly's beans, green bean casserole and mandarin organe salad. For one wife that list would have been daunting, with 2 they didnt even bat an eye. What kind of cake was the next question. At this point I was sitting there saying are you kidding me? I waffled between Sopapilla cheescake and chocolate sheetcake, sheetcake won. I left lunch thinking how fun 2 wives would be all the time, assuming of course everyday was my birthday. After work I called Haley to tell her I wanted to go hit some balls at the driving range. She said go ahead and told me her and Amanda(cousin Mary too)were busy in the kitchen cooking dinner. I went to the golf course, hit some balls and when I was leaving Haley called and told me the steaks were done. I got home and had the afore mentioned meal. I was one happy camper. Then Haley said do you want dessert with a ornery look in her eye. With the way things had gone already I was half expecting a plate of sopapilla cheesecake topped with chocolate sheetcake piled high on a plate. Neither of those happened. Instead they had tricked me and went way out of their way to get my favorite chocolate cake from Olive Garden. I honestly have never felt so loved. Then came presents. On my way home from the golf course I told Haley I was going to get 1 golf lesson for my birthday to be used hopefully Friday before I played twice this weekend. To my astonishment earlier in the day she had already got me 3 lessons from Kickingbird Golf Course. Wow. Then she told me I have 1 more present for you and its better than everything else so far. I had no clue anything could top what we had so far and so I got the package and opened it up. The new Herndon Family singers CD, signed by Addie Panter. A little back story on why this was the best gift yet in Haley's eyes. On Sunday night we had BK and at our BK was Jala Verner. I think I embarrased Haley a little bit when I started talking to her about Can You Duet and I may have embarrassed myself a little bit when I openly admitted to Jala that I had tears in my eyes during the show when they sang Love Can Build a Bridge for Naomi Judd and Naomi was crying. I know I am a wuss but I do like Herndons and now I can listen to them 24/7. It was the best birthday ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I too had tears in my eyes. they were great!!!
Post a Comment