We are back from the Bahamas, and the funny thing is we aren't even that depressed. It is very easy to go on vacation and get caught up in the lounging, relaxing lifestyle it affords and not want to come back to reality but coming back was different for us this time. We had something to get excited about and that something is a 10 month ball of energy that took his first steps just one day before we left on our trip. Bennett made coming back just as exciting as leaving for the Bahamas. Even though we were leaving paradise we were coming back to something so much sweeter and with the way things went last year I would trade one day with Bennett for a million in the Bahamas any day.
We have lots of pictures and video that I will be posting on here in the next week or so if you want to you can experience a little of what Atlantis was like for us. One quick story from our trip, one thing I love about marriage so far is that no matter how long Haley and I have been together there are still so many things that I get to learn about her. For instance before we went on this vacation I knew that Haley liked aquariums and looking at fish, I had no clue that she was OBSESSED with aquariums and fish. I mean truly obsessed, like cant get enough, like would have spent all our time looking at the same fish over and over again until we went to bed and then get up the next day to do the same exact thing. It was like I had to pry her to the pool, or the numerous slides, or lazy river. Well the last full day we are there we are walking through the lobby of our portion of the hotel when I notice she isn't beside me anymore. I stop and she is about 15 feet behind me reading a small billboard looking excited when she goes, "Zach, they are letting Zues back into the wild tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. We have to go." I had a couple questions for her, first Who in the world is Zues? Apparently Zues is the 17 foot Manta ray that she had come to know on a first name basis in the first 2 days we were there. Second, your the one that makes fun of me for getting up early to play golf or check my fantasy sports teams but now you are wanting to waste precious vacation sleep time to watch a Manta Ray you have seen for 2 days get picked up by a huge net from a helicopter and get put into the ocean. The answer to that question was yes. So in the next coming days I will show you the video of Zues getting set free and my wife loving every minute of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment